Wednesday, September 16, 2009

squash

I got some fall foods at the greenmarket today: kabocha squash ($2.10) and collard greens ($2). I boiled the collards (chopped up) with some mushrooms and olive oil and I roasted the squash (sliced into 16 wedges)at 400 for 40 minutes. I dressed half of the wedges in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and the other half in red curry paste mixed with some water and olive oil. Be generous with the oil; the squash can be kind of dry if you don't add enough.


Lately I have also been eating poached eggs. Break your egg close to the (boiling) water and then take it off the heat and cover for a few minutes to desired done-ness. I like mine with the whites firm and yolks runny, sopped up with some toast. Lovely. My mom told me to take the pot off the heat right after you break the egg so that the egg doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan; it makes clean up much easier.

-patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment