Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lacking in inspiration, but not in tasty food



I got some beets and fingerling potatoes at the Greenmarket on Friday. Beets were $2 with greens on and the potatoes were $3 a pound. I bought some regular yellow ones and I also got some purple peruvian potatoes. They taste pretty much the same, perhaps because I cooked them together, but they look cool. Anyways, I roasted the beets and steamed the greens with some olive oil (Again. I'm running out of ideas that will accommodate my laziness and lack of equipment). The potatoes were cooked in vegetable stock (Trader Joe's didn't have any chicken stock) with dried oregano (I would prefer thyme, but I didn't have any) and salt in a skillet until tender and the stock was all concentrated and saucey. I think it's time for me to research some more cooking ideas. Summer's [pretty much] over and I don't want to get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment