Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dinner and Lunch




The bottom two photos are from the lovely dinner I shared with Suzanne last night. A simply roasted chicken breast, bone in and brined beforehand in water, salt, and apple cider vinegar. Massaged with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and into the oven. On the side: collard greens and apples sauteed with a bit of nutmeg, sourdough mushroom stuffing, and a sweet potato.
The soup was today's lunch. Curried Corn Chowder. I simmered apples, potatoes, curry powder, nutmeg, allspice, and black pepper in vegetable stock. Cooked two corn husks, the kernels from one I added to the pot. The contents of the pot were pureed in my food processor, and the kernels from the final ear added at the end for texture. Better than it looks, I swear!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment